Thursday, December 1, 2011

Fun- The Fun and Madness of Family Get Togethers

Steve and I say this every Thanksgiving.  "Well, we pulled off another one."  I have had Thanksgiving at our home every year for the past several years.  For one reason, I have Wednesdays and Thursdays off work.  Another reason is that Christmas dinner and gift exchange is just too crazy with this crowd.  Really, I love this Holiday.  Thanksgiving has such a great historical meaning and message.  I love this time of year as the season changes, even in Southern California.  Even we get a glimpse of Liquid Amber trees in the neighborhood.  My home is in full Autumn bloom and I can start to wear my sweaters. 

(Dad, Mom and Bruce Thanksgiving 2010- This year is the first Thanksgiving without my dad.) 

I feel like the rest of society has almost forgotten what the true meaning is.  I heard so much talk of "Turkey Day."  I want to make sure that our family and friends remember that this is the time of year that we truly thank God for what he has given us and the blood that has been shed by those who fought for everything that we are thankful for.  We hear so much about how the rest of the world is suffering in poverty and that we who live in the United States of America are in the top 10% of the wealthiest people in the world.  And that number is based on the poorest in our great country.  Wow!  I am so thankful to God for putting me where I am and giving me the means to help others.  In a nutshell, if you are truly thankful, then you will give back.  Everything you have is indeed God's anyway.  How will you now give back as we enter the Christmas season? 

No comments:

Post a Comment