Monday, January 17, 2011

Family- When the children start taking care of the parents.

Wow!  Time does fly.  It's my time to start thinking about the care of my parents.  My dad is especially having some health issues that just recently have become a problem.  I have become very protective of him and only want the best care for him.  That means my entire family pitching in to love and care for him when he needs it.  Outside care is not an option until we can absolutely not do it ourselves.  I grew up with a loving caring family that has always cared for each other instead of an institutional option.  I know that this means personal sacrifice, the kind that my parents gave when I was a child.  It's my turn to care for them.  My faith that God will provide the strength and timing for everything is what I am clinging to today.  Tomorrow I will visit my dad in the hospital, where he has been for testing for the past few days.  I am comitted to making him feel loved and cared for in his own home for as long as possible, then at my home for the long haul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment