Thursday, January 27, 2011

Food- Lights Out!

Wow! A power outage can make you be really creative with your dinner plans.  I had fun today planning on beating the dark after learning the my power would be out for the next 24 hours.  Chicken breasts defrosted and marinating.  Leftover spaghetti and broccoli warmed up on the stove, that I had to use my "clicker" since it has an electronic igniter.  The BBQ did it's magic on the chicken breasts.  Thank God we added the natural gas BBQ to the back yard.  I cooked down the marinate for topping the chicken after grilling.  Yeah! everything was done before dark, about 5:30pm.  The power was supposed to be back on by 5:00pm, NOT!  Just as I suspected it was extended until 7:00am the next morning.  Thank God also for "smart phones" technology to check with Edison.  Happy this morning that at 5:45am we have power and only the ice cream melted.  That's okay, we are cutting back and trying to eat more healthy anyways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment